If you're looking for a good french toast recipe, you're in luck!
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 8 pieces of sliced bread (we use wheat, although white has a better flavor)
You'll do this:
1. In a medium bowl wide enough to completely submerge a piece of toast, mix together eggs and milk.
2. Add in vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. After ingredients are well mixed, add one piece of bread at a time to the bowl, completely coating both sides.
4. Using a non-stick skillet, cook each piece of toast on medium heat (325-350 degrees) for 2 minutes on each side until each side is slightly browned. Do you see the yumminess starting to show?!
If you want to keep the pieces that are done nice and warm, you can store them in the oven at 200 degrees, but don't leave them too long or they'll get lonely! They want to be in your belly after all.
Don't forget nutrition. Apples keep the doctor away...
5. To serve, I add cinnamon and sugar and cover this warm goodness with maple syrup. How else is there to serve it?