Top things I love this week:
1. Pumpkins. I really want to carve one! It brings back memories of the years when I was 12, tick-or-treating around my neighborhood in Wichita, Kansas dressed as a basket of dirty laundry. Best costume of my life.
2. Blackberry pie. Hello crispy crust. I was sitting at work this morning, and about 9a.m., I began thinking about a specific time in my childhood. I was in 7th grade and I was friends with a girl named Adrienne Maddox. I went to her house to spend the night once and her mom brought out blackberry pie after dinner. That was 9 years ago. No one should go without blackberry pie that long. Thinking about that gave me a sudden urge to jump into my past, grab a piece, stuff it in (and on) my face and walk around going "Mmm" with purple all over my face. Who cares. It's pie.
3. Shiny things. I love shiny things! I had my silver ring cleaned at the mall the other day and it keeps catching my eye. I saw a detailed black Toyota sitting next to a dirty Lexus at a stoplight. I wanted the Toyota. I love shiny black paint! I love shiny shoes. I love bright shiny Christmas Ornaments. I love clean shiny windows that reflect the sun in the morning on the way to work. I love shiny hair. I love shiny chapstick and shiny nails. Shiny Shiny. It's just better.
4. Unplanned conversations. I love those great little conversations that make a good day become a great one, like someone nice on the elevator or a sweet little lady at the Post Office. I love sweet people at Target, cute little girls handing out flyers with pink bows in their hair, and conversations with your husband that remind you why you married him.
5. I love 409. It makes EVERYTHING you need to clean easy easy easy to do.
6. Cold weather. Well, possibly because I love coats, winter clothes, and hot coffee. But still, I love cold.
9. Pottery Barn Books.
10. Gas Prices