- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix (and ingredients to make it...like eggs, water, & oil)
- 2 cans vanilla icing
- green food coloring
- frosting bag and grass tip (or a star shaped tip)
- Make the chocolate cake, baking it like normal.
- Let it cool completely.
- Take a cup and medium sized cup and press the top of the cup down into the cake, making a hole. Twist is gently to break the cake evenly and remove the cup and the round cake piece very carefully.
- Ice with 1 can of vanilla icing
- Dye the second can of frosting green (I used 10 drops of coloring) and ice how you like grass to look! :)
I realize I'm not the world's best baker or fancy cake-icer :) but I sure did try! I wanted to make something special for my father-in-law Wes' birthday and I think that he liked it. :) That's all the matters to me!