Sunday, July 15, 2012

Golf Cake

You'll need:

  • 1 box dark chocolate cake mix (and ingredients to make it...like eggs, water, & oil)
  • 2 cans vanilla icing
  • green food coloring
  • frosting bag and grass tip (or a star shaped tip)


  1. Make the chocolate cake, baking it like normal.
  2. Let it cool completely. 
  3. Take a cup and medium sized cup and press the top of the cup down into the cake, making a hole. Twist is gently to break the cake evenly and remove the cup and the round cake piece very carefully.
  4. Ice with 1 can of vanilla icing
  5. Dye the second can of frosting green (I used 10 drops of coloring) and ice how you like grass to look! :)


I realize I'm not the world's best baker or fancy cake-icer :) but I sure did try! I wanted to make something special for my father-in-law Wes' birthday and I think that he liked it. :) That's all the matters to me!


1 comment:

Texas Food Handlers said...

Like the cake's theme. Although you can do better with the grass part. I've seen a cake with a great grass at http://sweethobbynatalie.blogspot.com/2012/07/mias-birthday.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...