Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Awkward Woman

Unlike my other stories, this is not fiction...
I am sitting, at this very moment in a chair, a very comfortable brown leather one in fact, and I am content. Well, I was. I am now completely perturbed that my happiness has been compromised by a woman of around 38 years old who decided to take a seat next to me. At this very moment, she's staring at me, looking me over, obviously stupid to the fact that I can see her with my peripheral vision. She needs to stop. She's making me sweat and now I feel some nausea coming on.
If people know in advance that they will be sitting and doing nothing for a long period of time, most will bring something to do, perhaps a book or a homework assignment, or even a cell phone to talk on.
No.
This woman has discovered the fine art of boredom and she is quite content with practicing it. This is one of those times when I wish I had a book to hand to her and say, "Here. Page 37 is really a life-changer." Maybe at least that way she would know something about the world instead of memorize the pattern on my socks and how many ounces are left in my water bottle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha your stories and vivid descriptions make me feel like I was actually there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...