Monday, September 21, 2009

Things that may my Monday:

1. I read my cousin Jami's blog who admitted to being born into the 20th century but unfortunately belongs in the 19th. She is a hopeless romantic and I find it absolutely charming. She needs a Mr. Darcy and a really good ball to attend.

2. I just attempted making homemade hot chocolate, which yes, would have made this a splendid fall eve even more perfect, but I added 2 tablespoons of baking cocoa and 4 tablespoons of sugar instead of teaspoons, which is QUITE a bit different. It was utterly impossible to consume. I thought of all the times I had tried making--and failing at--something in the kitchen, and then I got a fresh new wind. My mom is an amazing cook. She always reminds me that you shouldn't get it right the first time. Mistakes make you pay attention. She's right. I used some soymilk I had in the fridge and fixed it right up---all 15 gallons of it. Just kidding.

3. Fall is tomorrow. I'm just warning you in advance that I'm going to be in a great mood. There is NOTHING that can beat the first day of fall. Oh Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, hurry.

4. I got to talk to my dad on the phone.

6. The trash service successfully picked up our trash today for the first time in 2 weeks.

7. It's only 4 days until I get to hug my mom.

Mmmm, seven seems like a good amount. I'm pretty happy with that--with today. Seems pretty good for a Monday.

2 comments:

jami jensen said...

I love you and this post. I'm happy that you had a good day. And I'm glad you enjoyed my post. It's rather silly. But then again, so am I.
Hoorah for autumn!

Erin said...

Oh how I love Mr. Darcy.. he makes my heart go pitter patter.. sigh.

Anyway, I was just browsing around and came across your lovely blog. I too, am enjoying the crisp air and changing leaves! Hope the rest of your week is as good as today. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...