Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Letters from Dad

A few years ago, my dad made me this beautiful oak box for Christmas, and when I opened it, I noticed an engraved tag on the front that said, "Letters From Dad" with my name on it. Ever since that day, my dad has mailed me letters every so often to tell me that he loves me and that he's proud of me. Sometimes he writes down prayers that he prays for me, shares some wisdom, or just writes other personal thoughts.
Out of all of the expensive gifts I've ever received from him: a college education, a wedding, or even a car to drive--this one is the best.
That gift may have cost him $30 to make, but I wouldn't trade that handmade wooden box and the pieces of paper inside for anything. It's not valuable to anyone but me, and it's the best gift in the world! It's only for me, from my one and only dad.

I love you dad. I don't tell you enough.
Michelley

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love that. I think I know what Gavin's next gift will be from us. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...