Friday, April 27, 2012

S'mores Popcorn

In my quest to cut back on sugar, I do have an out. It's called the weekend. If I make it through the week, I can have the weekend to splurge a few times. So yep, I made this! Funny thing is, I could barely eat any because it was so sweet. I guess that's what happens when you don't eat as much sugar. Ah-hem. So how to make it. You won't be sorry you made this!

 It took me a total of maybe 5 minutes and then an additional 30 minutes for the chocolate to dry. 


Grocery List:

box of Golden Grahams Cereal

bag of mini marshmallows

bag of milk chocolate chips

2 bags (or 1 large and one small) of microwave popcorn



1. On a large baking sheet, mix together half a box of Golden Grahams, half a bag of mini marshmallows, and 1.5 regular sized bags of popped microwave popcorn.
2. Melt the whole bag of chocolate chips (Seriously? You thought I was going to use half the bag of chocolate? Why would I cut back on the best ingredient?!) in the microwave in 30 second segments, stopping to stir until it is completely melted. (Mine only needed to be cooked twice at 30 seconds.)
3. Drizzle the chocolate on the mixed up mess and let the chocolate dry before crumbling up again.

It's good for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...