Thursday, November 8, 2012

DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner

Makeup brushes tend to hold much more bacteria than you might imagine. It's important to clean them at least once a month, but I recommend once a week if you have the discipline. It will reduce the likelihood of breakouts and keep your skin cleaner! I try to do mine every Saturday morning when I tend to have a bit more time, of course, that's a silly excuse because this only takes 5 minutes!

You'll need:
  • a small bowl
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 Tbsp dish soap
  • 1 Tbsp distilled vinegar

 Mix the warm water, liquid dish soap (I use Dawn), and vinegar in a small bowl.
Gently work your brushes into the water, gently cleaning them with your fingers, being careful not to submerge the brushes too low in the bowl past the metal part of the brush (it will rust). The picture below is what the water looked like after I cleaned three of my brushes. Gross! And that was on my face!
Rinse the brush tips under cool running water after rinsing them and lay on a washcloth to dry for 24 hours. Done!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...