Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Everyday Moments

What is God teaching you in your life right now? I'd love to know! It's amazing to me that God can be real to so many people all at one time! What is he talking to you about?

For me, God is teaching me to sit quietly and learn to hear his voice among the everyday moments. When I'm listening to a song I love, doing my makeup, traveling somewhere in the car with a singing toddler, or even in a scary medical moment, God is there, and he's whispering to me. Whether I'm talking about what to make for dinner, thinking about the to-do list, in the midst of a disagreement, or cleaning the house, it's still up to me to listen to God in the middle of it all. I am learning to hear more clearly the voice of my Lord, even in the busy moments. "I will take care of you," he whispers. He's always talking to me, but it's only in the moments that I'm listening that his voice reaches my ears. He's never pushy, but always present. Never in a hurry, but always gracious. I want to be more like that.

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:12-13

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...