Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's a Green Olive day

Watched some golf today. Should have washed the car but decided against it because it looks pretty clean. That's a bad reason, but it's still a reason. Washed the dog with Jonathan after we discovered poop completely covering the side of her head after leaving her alone in the backyard for an hour. She jumped the fence (although we keep thinking we fix the problem, we own Houdini, so I give up) to roll in another friend's poop before jumping back over the fence and bring it inside the house. :) Keeps life interesting! Watched The Devil Wears Prada, always a good one--although it makes me feel completely inadequate of walking out the door in any kind of clothing in my closet. Ran 2 miles with Jonathan and lake Hefner. We waited until 8:30p.m. because it was far too hot and humid to run during the day. Well, I mean, for Jonathan maybe it would have been okay, but I'm a little out of shape, and I at least require a cool breeze and a temperature below 90. Anyway, that was successfully fun!! We unsuccessfully got a snocone at Shimmers on the way home because I guess it closes at like 9 on a Saturday night. Went home and cooked some Olive Cheese Mounds that are by the way, so so good. If you like green olives, let me know and I'll hook you up with the recipe. It's seriously amazing. Started a new book. I love the library. I was thinking just the other day that when I get 3 new library books, I'll read them in like 5 days, but if I buy 3 books at Barnes and Noble, I might finish like one or two of them in a year. Why is that?! I think it's because I know that I own them and I can read them when I have time...I just never find the time. When it's a library book, I feel pressured to finish them so I don't have to check them out again. Free and efficient. Have to love the Library!! Found the most awesome blog ever today. "Thankful Paul" commented on my last post and you should check out both of his blogs. Seems pretty awesome. I'm going to start praying for him. Anyway, Grace and Peace.

1 comment:

Mendolin said...

YAY! You ran 2 miles... so so great! I think that you are going to L-O-V-E running at the marathon! It was definitely an emotional experience for me! I miss you all so very much- even Mini and her poop-covered face! haha... oh dear. But seriously... I have painted pictures, made pillows, and I'm currently recovering a chair for my apartment. Anything to pass the time and make the most of my summer, but I really do miss Oklahoma.
Lincoln is JUST as humid and I'm running at 8-8:30 each night as well. I've gone on a 22 mile bike ride- whoa. Intense heat though.
I wish I liked green olives, but I don't... :( Sorry! I'm sure if I liked them that I would LOVE your recipe. I love your cooking... let's cook together sometime. I'd like that.
I am a little upset that I haven't read as many books as I thought I would. What am I saying... I still have a month and a half left in summer... that's plenty of time!
Did I already say I miss you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...