Saturday, April 10, 2010

Alright, I have to admit a few things.

1) I'm scared out of my MIND for tomorrow's run--11.5 miles. I can't believe I'm doing this, and I have never gone that far before, but I'm going to do it if it's the last thing I do! More than the fact that my legs just get tired, I just get plain THIRSTY! I have a pack that I can run with that holds my water, but it annoys me to death and I just cannot bring myself to haul that thing around for 2 1/2 hours even if it is plastered against me and doesn't move! However, tomorrow might be the day that I get my new running shoes which may or may not be some form of Nike LunarGlide shoes (photo from www.nike.com).


2) I was really excited about painting my front door, and after careful thought and consideration of either a raisin-brown or happy-mustard yellow and many online comments and friend's opinions of my paint samples (that I ceaselessly carried around for a few days), I decided on yellow. Crazy. Well, let me tell you--I painted it with one coat of Kilz followed by two coats of yellow paint. When Jonathan and I came home tonight he walked by and said, "Oh dear. Are we going to leave our door the color of a neon road sign?" Okay, I'll admit it looks VERY strange in the lights at night and I don't really love it. But in the sunlight, it's a beautiful yellow. He is right though, it does look NEON greenishy-yellow. So now what? I feel that it might be unacceptable. No one wants to live with a road sign! I'll post a picture soon and you can see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...