Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shameless Audacity

Romans 6:13
"Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God."

Use your whole body! What does that mean anyway? You mouth, in thankfulness to him? Your feet, your hands, your heart, your smile, your everything? Are you thankful for whatever it is going on today? I mean, truly truly thankful. God showed so much mercy on me, and on mankind, that it's really a privilege to give it back to him, and to others, isn't it?

Galatians 6:9-10
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

Isaiah 25:1
"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago."

He knew what I would be doing on the 21st of December before my life ever started, and he had a plan. Because he is mighty and because he is powerful, and yes, because he is God, he'll take care of my needs today. That gives me lots of hope on days when I don't have all the answers. Let him show you his glory this week. He always shows up, and if you ask with a longing and seeking heart, God will answer you. I'm not just saying that, he said it himself in the book of Luke.

Luke 11:5-10
Then Jesus said to them, "Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.' And suppose the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of your friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need. So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

I love that part about shameless audacity. Just because we're friends with God, doesn't mean he'll give us everything we ask for or want, but he promised us that if we ask with shameless audacity, he'll get up and listen. Those that seek him will find him! That's a good promise right there! God will answer you. Why not tell God exactly how you feel? Tell him what you need. Sure, he already knows, but he wants you to tell him like someone who shares a secret with their best friend. Tell him what you really really need today.

John 21:25
"Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written."

I haven't always prioritized my life to where God was first. But let me tell you, when I seek him and make him first in my life, the floodgates of blessing open up so wide that there is too much to even take in. Let him bless you in the same way! Don't wait to find out what I'm talking about. God is anxiously waiting for you like a kid on Christmas morning. He's crazy about!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...