Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bitterness or Joy

Today I am reminded of one of my favorite verses in the Bible: 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18. It says, "See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people. Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."

I feel like I need to say this more like a chant today, just over and over to myself. "Be joyful, Michelle. Pray. Be thankful. Be good. Be joyful. Pray. Be thankful." God has to remind me sometimes to let go of my own feelings and think of others. Regardless of how I feel, I have every opportunity to show grace, love, and kindness. I have the opportunity to be bitter, or joyful. How sad of me to ever miss that opportunity. I'm thankful for second chances, because today, I sadly chose a little bit of bitterness. Forgive me, God.

I'm ready to be thankful. I'm ready to do good to all people.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...