Thursday, August 25, 2011

A message from Colossians

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6 NLT

How true that really is. I've found this verse to be particularly sweet to me lately. It seems that no matter how hard I try to do good, or to achieve anything on my own, I still fail without the help of God. I'm not sure why I ever resort to wanting to do anything on my own, but sometimes, being the figure-it-out-and-suck-it-up girl that I am, I figure I should take matters into my own hands. It takes only a matter of moments to realize when I'm wrong, and I never regret admitting my fault. Without moments like that, I would never have the opportunity to realize my need for the Lord's strength.

It's a cycle, isn't it?
I spend time with God, and my faith grows.
When my faith grows, I want to talk about God and I want to please him.
When I want to please him, I end up doing good.
When I am in the middle of God's will, my heart overflows with thankfulness and I want to spend more time with God.

Start small, and trust God with the rest. Maybe all you need to do is start reading your Bible and praying. It's just as simple as that isn't it? Trust God, and let him do the rest.

He'll never fail you. What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...