Sunday, April 6, 2008

Beautiful Rain


The rain is coming in the distance, and what is the grass doing? Is it hiding? Is it shuttering and hunching down, scared of the drops? No. It is begging for rain, "Pick me!" it says. 

Do you like rain? Many people compare the metaphor of rain and sunshine to good days and bad days. After rain comes sunshine. True. But, isn't it also true then, to say that after sunshine comes rain? 

Why do so many appreciate the sunshine and not the rain? Sunshine is "perfect" weather so they say. To me, rain is much more beautiful than sunshine. Every raindrop is different. Each a different size, and never falling in the same place as another. Rain has character. Rain brings green and fresh and clean and wet and color and steam and life, and it washes away the old and dirty. Sunshine seems to dry things up, burn them, and even though we need a balance of sunshine and rain to make things grow, rain gives us swimming, so I'm siding with my friendly little showers. :)

Break out those rain boots people and start praying. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to splash in my next puddle!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...