Friday, January 8, 2010

The Past

The Past. So What. To some people, the past is the thing that defines you. It dictates who people say that you are and what you have to offer. It is a reminder, wonderful or tragic, that follows you through life, and it just won’t bugger off. But who cares, it’s yours. Your past could be such a wonderful story to someone who needs encouragement or a person who just needs a single human being to understand what they’re going through--to relate to. If you want to change the world, be you. If you don’t know where to start, it’s okay, it’s very simple, it’s called today. Take it one choice at a time.


My past has had many ups and downs: sliding on the slick waxed floor in my socks, my dad’s dance with death, my sister’s wedding, life-changing teachers--literally, car wrecks that cause daily anxiety, negative bank accounts, Violin concerts, homemade birthday cakes. Life is...moving. You can’t live with regrets everyday and still love yourself. Don’t tell me that, because I just won’t believe you. No one’s perfect, but you have to fix it, in the here and now. Don’t wait.


I love people. In every way I love them. Big. petite. Selfish. Obnoxious. Breathtaking. Real. Giving. Hateful. Loving. Rude. Happy. Joyful. Lonely. Fake. Lovely. I love all of them, and let me tell you why. They are made in God’s image, and they all need love. All of them do not deserve it. Shocker right? They don’t. But guess what? I didn’t either, and God loved me anyway! See, I don’t really have a choice in the matter. I have to live like my Savior, I want to live like my Savior. He knows best, and if He says go, I’ll go. No rocket science here.


The last couple of days, I have to admit that I watched a couple episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County, and guess what? It’s garbage. Just like you might imagine. Shame on me. Garbage in, garbage out. But, it made me wonder today what I would do with a million dollars, and I happen to think I would be poor, because after the 13th latte, life would get boring, and I wouldn’t feel right doing anything but giving it to people in need. Someone who doesn’t have heat in their house. Someone who hasn’t eaten in 12 days. Someone who doesn’t own shoes. I can honestly say that I’ll never be sickly wealthy (well I already am wealthy just living in the US), because I won’t allow it. But, I’ll always be rich, and wow, that’s so much better.

1 comment:

Mrs. Kelly Ross said...

I'm with you on the OC Housewives... I don't even KNOW what to think about Alexis' family, I feel like her family (though she can't realize it) makes people think THATS WHY I DON'T LIKE CHRISTIANS :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...