Friday, February 17, 2012

Life is precious

My devotions today were so spot on. Never in my life have I felt like God was writing a book based on each day of my life, one day at a time, just for me. I have been struggling with keeping Truett on a schedule, and it sometimes wears me out always rearranging things to make sure he is taken care of. I sure don't mind the busyness and I LOVE taking care of him, but it is hard to let go of the schedule at times because I find such comfort in knowing what to expect, when so much of life these days is unexpected. And then came my morning whispers from God from Jesus Calling (which I highly recommend)...

"Do not fear changes, for I am making you a new creation, with old things passing away and new things continually on the horizon. When you cling to old ways and sameness, you resist My work within you. I want you to embrace all that I am doing in your life, finding your security in Me alone. It's easy to make an idol out of routine, finding security within the boundaries you build around your life. Although each day contains 24 hours, every single one presents a unique set of circumstances. Don't try to force-fit today into yesterday's mold. Instead, ask Me to open your eyes, so you can find all I have prepared for you in this precious day of Life."

HELLO!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...