Thursday, March 7, 2013

Joy

Hi blog family! How are you, anyway? I know I talk about my life on here a lot, but I'd love to hear about you. If any of you have a blog that I don't yet follow, please post below with the link so that I can follow you back! I love reading about your lives just as much as peas love carrots.

Ya know what else? My kiddo is huge. That boy brings my joy, joy, joy! Have you all met Truett yet? If you've missed him growing up these last 15 months, let me catch you up real quick. This kid is awesome. He's talking in single words, but of course I think that's amazing in every way. He loves corn like it's straight sugar, and he's a milk addict. He wears a size 6 shoe, runs everywhere he goes, loves to hug people, and you'll find him standing by his crib asking to go to bed every night around 7:45pm sharp. "Night night?" This little boy was the blessing I always dreamed of having...but he's way WAY more.





Also, if you think of it, please pray for me on Friday and Saturday. I'm having a spinal tap on Friday afternoon as a follow-up test for a lot of reasons. I have to lay flat on my back after the procedure for 24 hours, so that just means a lot of good memorizing of Philippians, right? See, I knew it was all going to work out!

Let me leave you with this last thought...lately I've been learning that when we become more occupied with what has happened in the past, or about what might happen in the future, we are missing the present, and THAT becomes a problem. My life is filled with more "what ifs" than I know what to do with these days, but that shouldn't and won't concern me. I refuse. It truly doesn't matter. What matters is the present, and today is what counts, and if I don't accomplish anything all day long besides loving my family and pleasing the Lord with my actions, then I'll consider the day well spent!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

3 comments:

ashleyeilajackson said...

I'll be praying for you on Friday and Saturday. You should keep us all updated on how far you get memorized as well!

I have two blogs. One is greeneyedjacksons.blogspot.com. That one I'd mainly just about our family and has pictures and videos of James. My other blog is totstexts.Blogspot.com. That one I review boss that I check out at the library and give ideas for different learning activities that could go with them.

Anyways, thanks for writing. Know that you are in my prayers.

Anna said...

Hey! I came across your blog through Janette - I am a stay at home mom of 2, and I was diagnosed with MS last year at 31 1/2. I've been encouraged by your faith so far, and have been praying you! (i finally just found your blog to tell you!)

anna

Bonnie said...

http://weloverving.blogspot.com
I hope this is the right spot to leave this! I know I am a bit late on your spinal tap but I hope it all went well. HUGS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...