Friday, March 1, 2013

New Mercies Every Morning!

I have received so many kind facebook messages, emails, comments, texts, and words from the most wonderful friends in the world. I have never felt more loved or encouraged through anything. It has truly been such a blessing to me.

When I found out about this illness, I was ironically enough reading the book of Job. I was in the midst of the book (which I have always loved, by the way). I love how the NLT version of the Bible calls the title of the first chapter, "Job's First Test" because there are inevitably many more tests if you've ever read the story! Take a moment and read Job 1:6-11 with me:

One day the members of the heavenly court came to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them. “Where have you come from?” the Lord asked Satan. Satan answered the Lord, “I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that’s going on.” Then the Lord asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.” Satan replied to the Lord, “Yes, but Job has good reason to fear God. You have always put a wall of protection around him and his home and his property. You have made him prosper in everything he does. Look how rich he is! But reach out and take away everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face!”

This leads me to the point of this whole blogpost. 

As I was waiting yesterday afternoon to get several other rounds of tests, including some MRIs of my neck and back, I checked Facebook for the first time that morning. I saw a comment pop up from my friend Lori, and if you know her, there is nothing in me that ever questions that her encouraging words are straight from the heart of God. You literally feel the Lord's hugs when you read them. It said...

I couldn't sleep...got up...just read your blog. There's something about the "middle of the night" that helps remind me that nothing matters except my relationship with God. I remember a sweet conversation with you, sitting on my couch after a girls bible study in my living room several years ago. There is a childlike faith in you...so sweet and refreshing! It's funny how those who decide to trust God that way (like a child) seem to be boldest warriors. I am learning more each day...it's not about this life! Our real life is in heaven...you are 26 and "you get it"! I can hear the Heavenly Father saying to the enemy, "Have you noticed my warrior, Michelle?" Onward, sweet girl, I am praying! I love you! Lori

Do you know what that meant to me? The Lord was speaking directly to me through someone else, and I actually shed a few tears right there in the waiting room. God knew I was feeling anxious about the next hour, and he literally sent me...in perfect timing...the encouragement that I needed to hear...in a form that I understood...from a friend that I loved. Come on now, that's amazing.

It happens every day I tell you. Every single day his mercies are new! He literally sends me something good. Every. Single. Day. Oh how he loves us! I hope that you allow God to use you to bless someone else this week. Don't hold back when you know you should speak up. You'll be missing an opportunity to bless others, and they'll be missing out on the blessing. It's time to say something and tell the world what God does for you! What are you afraid of anyway? I'm afraid of one person misunderstanding God's kind heart, because it's far too good and he paid far too much.

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT


And Lori is right. I'm not giving up so easily.

1 comment:

Tobi Bratten said...

Hallelujah, praise God! A few months ago, I had surgery to remove part of my thyroid due to a big mass, which turned out to be benign. I learned during that time to cling to God with all that I had; that this world is not our home. I too try to control so much of my life, but really it is all in His hands - moment to moment, every breath He gives. My life was forever changed by that trial, and my faith grew immensely! Praise God for your testimony. Praying for healing, grace, strength, and faith for you, Michelle!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...