Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Parents

Some people have funny parents and some have serious ones. Some people love their parents and get along with them like best friends, and some really don't. Some talk with their parents every day, and some talk with them once a month, or maybe even once a year. I wonder sometimes what other people's parents are like, but I never dwell on it long, because I love mine...SO MUCH.

Meet Them:
My mom is Robin. Beautiful, talented (at absolutely everything, aka Martha Stewart), nurturing, generous with her words and her love, a servant.

My dad is Wayne. Strong, hilarious (corny in the best sort of way), adventurous, a prayer warrior, always ready to help, reliable, honest, a learner.



I don't take them for granted you know. I'm really lucky. They care so much about every small thing in my life and they are there for me when I need them. They give beyond what they need to, they are patient, they do what they say they will, and they always give me their best. I'm lucky to have them, and I thank God for them! Even now, they still surprise me.

My mom, for example, was here today and I was talking to her about memorizing Scripture. I had never known that she had memorized so much. I asked her what she knew, and she quoted the entire chapter of Romans 12 and James 1 right there! Come on now, that's awesome. I can't believe I didn't know that about her.

And my dad, he loves fixing things...or maybe he doesn't, be he always offers to help, so I assume that he does and he really has me fooled if he doesn't! He fixed our shower drain, our mower, and I'm sure he would have fixed anything else I had on a list, but I don't invite him over to put him to work! He cracks me up. He was waiting with me at the hospital the other day reading the instructions to follow when we got home, from the paper that the nurse gave me. "Do not operate machinery. Now Michelle, no bulldozing. You need to stay off all kind of big tractors like that, and definitely no rototilling the yard tonight." Where does he come up with this stuff?

Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children.
Proverbs 17:6


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...