Saturday, June 15, 2013

Healthy Oatmeal Muffins

Now, these may not look quite as fluffy as normal muffins at a bakery, but they pack a PUNCH of flavor! Trust me when I say, oatmeal muffins don't have to be boring. This recipe was first given to me by my friend Lori Bollinger, and I've altered it a tad. Thanks, Lori, for saving my boring Saturday mornings!


This recipe makes 12 muffins.

Ingredients:
2.5 cups quick oats
1 small package applesauce (I used natural, no sugar added)
1 small 6oz non fat greek yogurt (I used Chobani apple cinnamon flavor) 
1/4 c agave nectar (or honey)
1/8 c Truvia (or 1/4 c sugar)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas
2 T whole flax seed (or ground flax)

Instructions:
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix together well.
2. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking or baking spray and pour your mixture into the cups, filling each 3/4 full. You should have exactly enough for 12!
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...