Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Comfort

Today during my devotions, I asked God this question:

If I were to put on one garment of clothing this week (figuratively), what would it be? What does it represent?

I sat for a while, looking out the window, asking God to answer me, and I heard a lot of peace and quiet. I didn't hear many words from the Lord, which is fine. Perhaps it wasn't the best question, but I waited and listened anyway. Then I began to see in my mind, co. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but co didn't make much sense. Please don't stop God. What is it? What is the word? Help me grow into who you have planned for me to be, and teach me what I need to learn so that I can do your will! I'm listening. I'll do whatever you ask, Lord. And then it came... comfort. Put on comfort. Learn it and know what I say about comfort, so that you can be there for others in their time of need this week. 

In a million years, I would not have thought to stop and read about God's comfort today. But because it just takes a few moments to stop and listen, God could talk with me, and I can be there for someone else this week. What do you want to ask God today? Take a moment of time, and sit, ask a question, and then listen for his voice. Just listen. He'll come through for you too. He always comes through.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...