Thursday, December 10, 2009

Taming the tongue

Sometimes, when I realize things that are said, by me or by others, I remember how God talked about taming the tongue in the Bible. I stop and think about all the times I said something that didn't need to be spoken out loud. Not ever. I think about all the times that I had a regretful word with someone or I was feeling guilty for talking about someone in a way that was not kind. It's not easy to apologize to those people. But then, after some pondering of my own, I wonder why God didn't make me deaf and blind--then I couldn't even make those mistakes to begin with. Even though I do the wrong thing sometimes, I'm learning that language is one of the most powerful gifts that I was ever given. It can be used for good, or it can be used for bad. It depends on the power behind the words. With a responsibility like that, I can't afford to slip up too often.
image found here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...