Friday, July 2, 2010

In my devotions today, God brought this to my attention, and it was exactly what I needed to hear...

James 1:19-20 "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."

Today, I have not been slow to speak and slow to become angry.

James 1:26-27 "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

I have not had a tight rein on my tongue today.

I have used it to express deep anger in my hurt. Now, I definitely do not consider myself a gossip and really do try with everything in me to not talk about other people, especially in a negative light. But, sometimes, I fail--especially when I'm angry. I know I just said a few things to my mom and to my husband, but is that okay? No, it's not. I should have taken it to God first. When will I learn? It's not easy living like God asks, but he knows best, and I have to check myself daily. Am I doing my very best today? Or am I just okay with doing pretty good? To be honest, I'd rather be a full-out non-christian than a "pretty good" Christian. No thanks! I want to be the very best Christian that I can be because God deserves it! I'm the daughter of the King!! I'm a child of the most-high God! I refuse to have a religion that is worthless. God deserves my very very VERY best.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...